We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
I was hired to coach volleyball from January to May. I was terminated "Due to the lack of teams this season..." in early Dec.
1. I worked before the Season and was not paid. Eventually, I refused to work until the season began/I was paid. I was terminated 10 days later.
2. I feel I was fired as retaliation for not giving more free time.
3. I filed with Labor Commissioner and they can help with hours I already worked, but they said they could not help with my Contract in January.
The Team I was assigned to is still in existence
4. I would have been payed $500 per month - $2500 total. Can I sue? Small Claims Court?
5. Did he breach the contract? There is nothing written about termination before the season begins.
Independent contractor Employment law for businesses Business contracts Breach of contract Business Employment Employment forms Employment contracts Protections against employer retaliation Termination of employment Wrongful termination of employment Employment as an independent contractor Lawsuits and disputes Small claims court Employee contract for businesses