Skip to main content

I do not have visa number yet since my priority date is not yet current. What are the steps to do when I get a visa number?

Three Rivers, MI |

My labor certificate and I-140 have been approved. I am still waiting for a visa number since my priority date is not yet current. Once I get a visa number, what are the steps to do so I can get a greencard or immigrant visa? How much are the costs?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


To file the Form I-485 package oh forms, alongside the CU medical exam results, for yourself and immediate family members if married and/or have children. The application fee is $1 490 per person, unless under the age of 14.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The next step would be to process the I-485 to adjust status, I-765 for EAD, Advance Parole I-131, I-693 medical examination. Contact an immigration attorney for consultation to give you a detailed evaluation of your case.


Your employer must have hired an immigration attorney to handle your case. You should be kept informed every step of the way.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


To file the necessary application and then to wait. Cost is listed on the USCS website.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.


Mr. Krishna has given you the relevant forms to adjust status and Mr. Behar has given you info about filing fees. As noted by Ms. Brost, you can check for changes in the filing fees on the USCIS website. As noted by Ms. Ladouceur-Laurore, your employer's immigration lawyer should keep you informed. That said, there are several reasons I highly recommend you hire your own attorney.

There are several good immigration attorneys in Kalamazoo. I'd be glad to meet you for a consultation in my office and, afterwards, give you a price quote on the attorney fees I'd require. I can even make recommendations for other immigration attorneys in town if you want a second opinion or price quote.