Skip to main content

I do not believe my lawyer is working for me and my daughters best interest. How do I go about getting a new lawyer?

Buffalo, NY |

The office is rude when I call. My lawyer never return my calls or calls from the law guardian representing my daughter. I had to find out who the law guardian was myself and then call my lawyers office to give permission for her to talk to me. He didn't take me serious when I told him how my ex husband can be. And my divorce that was uncontested as my ex did not answer in 20 days now turned in to a contested divorce and I believe that is because my lawyer did not file papers with the court in a timely fashion

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you feel your attorney is not serving your interest, give him a chance to address your concerns. If you still feel he is not the best attorney for your case, contact your county or state bar association. Ask for the lawyer referral service. Such a service can often connect you with a competent attorney in the area of legal practice covering your case. Avvo is also an excellent resource. Try to find an attorney with a "AV" rating from Martindale. This is one reliable way to find someone who can handle your case both ethically and competently. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer