Skip to main content

I didnt know i was driving a getaway car for someone who,is accused of stealing under 50worth of stuff

Keller, TX |

will i be prosecuted, even though i didnt do anything wrong(or so i thought)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The government needs to prove criminal intent. If you believe you want to stand a chance to beat a criminal conspiracy charge and conviction, hire a criminal defense lawyer.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you. God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.


This is the typical "Law of the parties" charge in Texas. It does not require the State to prove intent on your part, only that you were subjectively aware of the intent of the main actor. For which you can be held criminally responsible for all criminal acts committed by the main culprit, with a few limitations. You really need to hire a good local lawyer because I have seen many people in your situation get convicted because of this, that were factually innocent.


Despite your lack of willful involvement you have been arrested and charged under the Law of Parties theory of criminal liability. You need an attorney in the N. Texas area that can present your defense, either pretrial or at a trial if necessary to ensure you don't end up with the same punishment as the person that actually committed the crime.

Good luck!


Among the elements of the crime that the government must prove are knowledge and intent. The government can try to prosecute you but the government has to prove it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer