Skip to main content

I didn't respond to FL-300 Child Custody,Modification,Visitation

El Monte, CA |
Attorney answers 2


Did you attend the hearing? If you did not respond or otherwise oppose the RFO and you failed to appear at the hearing, I'm not clear on what it is you are asking when you ask "what can I do"? Are you not happy or in agreement regarding the court's order regarding custody/visitation? What is it that you want to do and why didn't you respond to the RFO or appear at the hearing? If you are claiming you weren't property served, or were unable to appear and you think the court's order is not in your child's best interests, you may have grounds for a motion for reconsideration. BUT, you haven't provided enough information or facts about your case for me to provide a more helpful or meaningful response. Sorry.



Court is on Friday. Current court order works great. It's a 2-2-5 plan.I didn't respond because I couldn't obtain legal help. (aid) There always busy. As far as the What can I do? Meaning in court Do I just got to take the RFO. I don't want to be a weekend dad. Thanks

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman


Even though you didn't a response, you still have the right to speak up at the hearing. Tell the judge what you want. The law favors frequent and continuing contact with both parents and errs on the side of what is in the best interest of the children, even if what is in their best interest may not be what parents want.


go to the court, pull the file arethere new orders?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen California State Bar #60834, fax 1-888-958-5642, cell phone for appointment only 213-819-1171. I primarily practice in Los Angeles and Orange County but have been admitted other states and countries Pro Hac Vice. I have practiced extensively in Family Law, Criminal Law, and Personal Injury and have forgotten how many trials I have been in. I like to listen to my client's recitation of their version of the facts, and their desired outcome--then pose questions to them to determine the viability of their case and their personal ability to testify. Then I decide if I will take their case (I hate Losing). If I do not want to take your case get a second or third opinion sometimes I am wrong, or we just do not have the chemistry to work together. My hourly rate is $400 plus costs, travel and lodging expenses. I take no contingency fee cases under $500,000. The answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship obviously I would spend a great deal more time with a client even on a small matter.
Of course, but some attorneys also advertising (by posting answers) have called me a blatant and unabashed attorney and after thirty eight years of practice all I can reply is "they can kiss my ass".

Some of the questions lack much detail that would be fleshed out in an extensive office interview and this must be pointed out. Further some of the questions reveal a bias on the questioner's behalf. People and Judges (a few) would benefit from thinking what this looks like from the other side (the opposition) and the Judge's view before firing bullets which may cause self-inflicted wounds such as a irritating the judge or looking foolish. Self-inflicted wounds are the worst and most embarrassing!

Why are attorneys afraid to advertise their hourly rates? Which attorneys can do in 4 hours what I accomplish in 1 hour? Prospective clients might ask that as well. And always leave an attorney's office who promises or guarantees anything as they are either stupid or lying or both. Often times at trial partys and witnesses change or add or forget testimony or there may even be new parties added. Going to trial is like throwing dice, 7 is most often, but there are other combinations and an experienced attorney can only give an educated guess!

Very truly yours,

Stephen R. Cohen

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer