I did not receive my W2 form because the company filed a bankruptcy.What should I do?

Orlando, FL |

I just found out that my previous company filed a bankruptcy and there were no w2 form available for me.Should I be able to file my taxes?

Send a letter to your company president and tell them that filing for bankruptcy does not excuse issuing form W-2. If all else fails file IRS form 4852 with your tax reutrns.

Disclaimer
Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Good Luck starts with a strategy and a plan.

Robert J. Suhajda, MS,CPA
Attorney-At-Law
17721 Norwalk Blvd. #43
Artesia, CA 90701
562-924-8922

Former financial auditor and controller. Admitted to US Tax Court, Income Tax, IRS representation, Fiduciary income tax returns, Estate and Gift tax returns,
Homeowner Association Strategist.

As a strategist, I analyze and integrate the operations, reserve study, budget, and financial statements into a unitary plan for 1 – 5 years, utilizing my experience as
a former treasurer and vice president of a homeowners' association and corporate
controller and auditor, to minimize homeowner association dues.