I developed Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome from a blood draw. It's affecting my ability to work. What are my legal options?

Richland, WA |

Diagnosed by my GP and a neurologist . I have to have most of my reports transcribed at my cost , I can only type for short periods of time , I cannot drive long distances and I can now only lift 3 - 4 lbs without rebound pain . It has limited my ability to play in an orchestra in my leisure time , to do household maintenance on my own and often the pain keeps me awake at night . I cannot take pain mess that make me groggy due to my work setting . It is highly sensitive to cold . It's been over a year and with physical therapy it continues to progress . I am finding it hard to keep up at work with emails and typing , to get in and out of the place I work due to heavy security doors .

If you believe the symptoms you are describing are the result of someone's or some entity's direct or indirect negligence and/or malpractice (that is, if you believe someone and/or entity is liable for your described symptoms), you may have a possible case. You should consult with a local attorney immediately! Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. I realized a typo--it is actually called "complex regional pain syndrome". It's like a club I didn't want to join :o/

I am very sorry to hear about your pain and the obvious impact on your life. There are two questions that need to be answered: first, did the phlebotomist fail to conform to the standard of care in performing the blood draw and, second, did that failure result in the injuries you have described. These questions can only be answered with a review of medical records and consultation with a qualified expert. I would encourage you to seek legal counsel who could assist you in investigating whether you have a cause of action.

Thanks, Mr. Doran, for your help. I haven't been able to find an attorney who know much about it. I believe both were negligent: the phlebotomist who drew the blood or the doc who told me that my pain location was impossible given the site of the blood draw. However, I have yet to find an attorney. I may try to represent myself. Thank you again for your help.

Bryan Daniel Doran

Bryan Daniel Doran

Happy to help; please feel free to call if you would like to talk. 206.626.5444

This unfortunate situation really should be reviewed by a medical malpractice attorney who can review the records and advise you with all of the information at hand. Best of luck to you.

Thanks. I haven't been able to find one but I appreciate your help.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Call yur state bar association. They can usually give you a referral.

Unless the person who took your blood breached the standard of care, you would be out of luck. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Thank you Mr. Lassen. I appreciate your help. Have a good day.