I cut my ring finger right above the second knuckle that required surgery to repair a broken bone and tendon laceration.

Orland Park, IL |

It's been three months since my injury and I have about 20 percent movement and the therapist isn't optimistic about me getting much more movement. How much would I receive for this injury?

You need to get in contact with a personal injury in your area specializing in medical malpractice. You would also benefit from retaining a medical expert to assess your injuries and your medical treatment to date.

(206) 335-3880. We retain experts and begin contingency fees at 29%. However, communication through Avvo does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.

You didn't post how this happened, and if you believe that someone is responsible.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I work at an aluminum fabricating plant. I was getting trained on a new radial arm saw when the injury happened. I've never used this particular kind of saw before so I was cutting very small pieces and the blade caught my finger as soon as I started.

I think, if anything, my job is at fault for training me using such small pieces on a machine that is new to me.

Assuming this is not a work injury, you have to prove the other party was negligent. Your question says "I cut my ring finger" so its hard to understand who is a fault for your injuries. If someone else's negligence caused this accident, or if this was a work injury, an attorney would need to see your medical records to fully understand the nature and extent of the injury, and get your medical bills and documentation of any lost wages in order to give a value range for your claim.

Suggest you consult with an attorney the concerntrates in injury cases for more information. Keep in mind all personal and work injury claims have time limits. If you miss one of the deadline, your claim will be forever barred so it would be best to meet with an attorney as soon as possible.

Good Luck

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

I just saw your addiditonal comments to Mr. Lassen. This would be a workers' compensation claim, not a personal injury claim because you got hurt in the course of your employment. In WC cases, negligence or fault are not required and you are not allowed any other claim against your employer or co-workers even if they were negligent. You can however have a secondary claim against anyone other than your employer /co-workers if you can prove the were at fault for your accident. The Illinois WC permanent partial disability value for the complete loss of use of hte index finger is 43 weeks of pay. In serious cases where you have permanent medical restrictions, the arbitrator could issue a hand award based on max 205 weeks for the complete loss of hand. Based on your description of your injnury, you will likley only get a percentage of either a finger or hand, and each week awarded is paid at 60% of your pre-accident average weekly wage, subject to certain minimums and maximums. If you need names of good WC attorneys in your area, feel free to email. Good luck

I've been receiving workers comp checks ever since my injury, I just wasn't sure if I was entitled to anything else because I'm going to have a minor disability for the rest of my life now. But from what you have said, there is really nothing else I can do? Is it even a smart move to try and hire a lawyer for this, or would that be all for nothing? Thank you for all your input so far

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Always glad to answer questions but whether it is a smart move or not is more a personal question that you have to decide. You have told us that you expect your injury will result in a permanent disability, for which the law sets a range of compensation. It is impossible for an anyone to give you the monetary amount without 1. knowing what you earned in the year before the injury and 2. waiting until you complete medical treatment so the extent of any disability is fully know. Right know you dont have to make any decisions, other than to get as health as possible, but at some point it would not hurt for you to consult with a local WC attorney so you make the right decision for yourself. Best of luck to you.

If this is a work injury, you need a Workers' Compensation attorney. Do not delay in seeking counsel.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

If I already am receiving WC checks, is that all I am eligible to receive?