I cut my neck open with a angle grinder received 5 stitches and would like to have trial ready lawfirm . I need a trial ready

Flushing, NY |

I'm looking for a trial ready lawfirm I have been out of work for 10 months due to injuries to my neck and lower back

Avvo's rules do not allow the lawyers to solicit you. I suggest that you try using the Find A Lawyer tab on Avvo.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

It may be difficult to find an attorney to bring a products liability suit against the manufacturer of the grinder considering the extent of the injuries you describe.

You may not have a target defendant given the situation you describe and it may be in your best interest to contact a workers compensation attorney.

I suggest you use the Find a Lawyer tool on this site and seek out a free consultation from a local attorney.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.

We may not solicit. Either you handled this on your own and are now faced with a trial. Meaning the insurance carrier has not met your expectations. The other likelihood is that your former firm was relieved as your counsel. Either way there are issues that counsel will may to overcome.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

In addition to AVVO, the Queens County Bar Association has a referral service for the public:

http://qcba.org/public-resources/

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. Hopefully if this is a work related injury, you have been or can receive workers compensation for these injuries. As to a lawsuit which is different from a workers compensation case, it is not clear from your post the basis for liability for that lawsuit. The fact that you were injured by an angle grinder although painful and difficult for you, does not mean that you have a case or that such a case would succeed. When you see an attorney in your area, you should bring all papers and documents you have, including a list of your doctors, any accident or incident reports, the pleadings and discovery from a lawsuit if you are looking to change counsel, and the angle grinder which hopefully you still have.

The answer to this question is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship, and is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.

Enter your city and search for the lawyers on Avvo in your area. There are many lawyers with 10.0 ratings. Check out their experience and find one that is right for your case. Your case is a products liability case, so make sure your lawyer has experience in that area. Good luck!

Depending on how you were injured will determine how likely it is that you will find counsel to try your case. You do not provide enough information regarding the cause of your injury.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.

In order to file a lawsuit someone other than you has to be negligent in causing your injury. I would suggest you contact a firm in your area and discuss the facts of the case with them to see if you have a viable case.