Skip to main content

I cross the border with a Visa do i still qualify for the Deferred Action ?

Santa Barbara, CA |

I cross the border with a visa do i Still Qualify for the deferred Action?
Those are the Requirements for the Deferred action:
1.Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
2.Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
5.Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012; ENTERED WITHOUT INSPECTION BEFORE JUNE 15, 2012, OR YOUR LAWFUL IMMIGRATION STATUS EXPIRED AS OF JUNE 15, 2012
6. Are currently in school, have graduated from high school
Help Please

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you were out of status on June 15, 2012, you qualify, and if not, you do not.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Only if you meet all of the requirements, including being out of status on June 15, 2012.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You have to meet all requirements and be out of status as of June 15, 2012

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016