Skip to main content

I come to the US in April of 1980, I apply for a legal residence twice in a period of 15 years and never have I received a respo

Miami, FL |

I come to the US in April of 1980, I apply for a legal residence twice in a period of 15 years and never have I received a responded, the third time they canceled my application because apparently I did not include all the documents or something was missing and the fourth time they denied my application. I’m Appeal the case and also was denied and for this reason since then I been paying for work permit until this year that they denied my petition of work permit. Now I can’t work or I have driver's license. What I have to do to continue?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


There must be a basis for your application - usually an immigrant visa based on a family relationship or employment. You did not mention the reason for the denial or the basis upon which you were applying for adjustment. You may need the help of an attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


There's no way to assess your case without seeing all the paperwork. If you were my client, I'd have you in for a consultation.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


No. Talk to the lawyer who handled your case.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


There is obviously a long history to your case and if you arrived in April, 1980 and were unlawfully in the U.S. prior to January 1, 1982 then you may have been eligible under the legalization provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. You indicate that you had an appeal denied so there has obviously been some activity on your case at some point in time.

The facts you have presented are minimal and this forum is not the place to get individualized advice. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case, advise you as to the options available, and recommend an appropriate course of action.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


Hello. I recommend having your file reviewed by an experienced immigration attorney for further advice. Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer