Skip to main content

I chocked on a bone in my mc donalds boneless chicken sandwhich do i have a case

Philadelphia, PA |
Attorney answers 7


Maybe; how are you now, do you have the bone, was it reported?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Did you report it at the store?
Did you preserve the bone?
Did you obtain medical care?


possibly. it will be dependent on several specific facts. i would let a local attorney who contributes here further advise you.


Yes you have a potential claim. I hope you reported the incident and showed the bone to the manager of the McDonald's and that you kept the bone in a safe place.

Another important question is whether you needed medical help after the incident. If not, the claim is probably too small for most attorneys to consider accepting. That doesn't mean you can't pursue it on your own, but you should have some legal advice before you take on McDonald's. If there was no medical care at all, sometimes a large corporation like McDonald's will pay something on it, but it will be a tiny amount or "token" settlement, if anything.

Feel free to contact my office if you need further advice. Remember that your statute of limitations is two years from the date of the incident. After that date, if you have not settled the claim or filed suit, you will lose any rights you have to do so. Good luck!

Legal disclaimer: The statement above provided by Sandra Worthington, Esq. is general information and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by Sandra Worthington, Esq. and Worthington Law Group does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state or under Federal law.


If you were injured, contact one of the personal injury lawyers above to pursue a claim. I'm sorry, but my office only handles catastrophic injuries. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I am glad your coworker was there to help you, what a scary experience. As others have said, whether you have a case will depend on a number of circumstances. There are certainly cases in which someone has chocked on a bone, been injured and been able to recover for his or her injuries. Each case is individual, so your case will depend on what happened to you, specifically.

My suggestion is that you contact a firm in the Philadelphia area and ask an attorney to asses your case for you. You may feel free to contact my firm, we have an office in Philly and on the Main Line. Feel free to use my name if you desire.

This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting on your legal rights based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.


I don't think you have a substantial claim but Mcdonalds will pay something

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer