Skip to main content

I checked PACER and noticed I forgot to check two boxes on Form 22A, #2 marital status and #15 line is less than 13.

Atascadero, CA |

Should I file an Amendment or just send in the corrected paperwork to the court and trustee? I only filed a few days ago and have not yet have a date for my 341.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If it is inaccurate, you should file an amendment and serve the appropriate parties.

Mark Markus has been practicing exclusively bankruptcy law in California since 1991. He is a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, AV-Rated by, and A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. His webpage is

Legal disclaimer: Mark J. Markus practices law in California only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation.


Atty Markus is correct, but you could also wait until your 341(a) meeting. At that meeting one of the questions the Trustee will ask you is if there are any errors or if you have any changes or corrections to make. You can then point out those two items. The Trustee will then let you know if they want you to amend or not. If so, you will usually be given a week or so to file the amendment. The advantage is that the Trustee may point out additional items or omissions they wsnt you to correct, so you will be able to amend everything you need to all at once with one filing.


When one of my clients discovers and error on a form, we file an amended version of the document. I also make sure to let the trustee know that there is a correction that has or will be made.


As you can see, representing yourself without extensive legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult obstacles to overcome. Your case is complex so it's better to hire a lawyer to handle it for you. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer