Skip to main content

I can not locate my husband to serve divorce papers.

Lexington, KY |

I filed for a divorce last August. At the time my husband gave me a Albuquerque, NM address. The papers were sent to him from the courthouse by certified mail. No one who lived at the address signed for the certified mail and it was returned to the courthouse. I now have no idea where he is and do not want to lose the money i already paid to file the divorce. We have been separated since June 11, 2010.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Kentucky law allows for you to ask the court to appoint a Warning Order Attorney to try to make contact with your ex at his last known address. Once the Warning Order Attorney does that, he files a report with the court and you will be allowed to at least dissolve the marriage and return to the status of a single person. If you are trying to do this pro se, it might be a little complicated. Some clerks' offices have forms to request a WOA. If yours doesn't, it would probably be in your best interest to consult with a lawyer.


You may be able to serve your husband by publication. Contact a local attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer