Skip to main content

I came USA 2010 with F1 type student visa and they deported me this june 2012 I currently have US citizens wife .

Austinburg, OH |

I came USA 2010 with F1 type student visa and I never go to school then .They deported me this june 2012 I have banned 10 year currently I have US citizens wife over 1 year . I have marriage certificate and everything I never apply for the green card . Can she apply green card for my name ? Or whats the way to get me in to US again ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Contact an immigration attorney. There are many facts you have not included to provide a proper assessment. You may be able to get a green card but will have to wait ten years outside the US before applying.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Why were you deported? Dd you take voluntary departure? Did you have a lawyer... it likely would have helped

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at



2011 December I got the mail from immigration office its says I missed the court and they send me mail about my situation and Its says I m in removal process and something I have to left the country 30 days . And after 5-6 month they locked me up ! I didn't take voluntary departure or anything. I stay in immigration jail like 3-4 weeks.



more desc: My only fault was DUI but it wasn't like big deal I take driving classes Im done my community services . The only thing it was up to me I came there for ESL classes and I went there ( school) just 3 weeks and than I never been to school.


Your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



The thing do I have chance to get in Us again ? Im sure its complex but whats the percent its like really hard ? If I will be able to there sure I will do anything Im ready to pay . But no body spend the money for the dead investment I just wanna know


I agree with my colleagues.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You may want to have your wife retain an attorney in the States. There is a two step process we employ for cases as you've presented. First, we obtain your court record to clarify the issues presented by your removal and second (after clarification) we begin working on your return.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer