Skip to main content

I came to USA on spouse visa ,do i need to fill out i-751 form??

Sacramento, CA |

I came to usa on 20th of january 2013 on spouse visa, do i need to fill out i-751 now or after 2 years??? plz tell,thnkx.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If at the time of your admission you had been married less than two years you would file I751 90 days before your two year anniversary of admission

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104



thnkx Samuel. i got married on 9th of january 2012 and i came here on 20th of jan,2013 so it means i dnt need to fill out this form, i can do it 90 days before 20th of jan,2015,am i right??

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina


You DO need to file the form. You can do so as early as 90 days before 20 January 2015. But make sure your application is RECEIVED by USCIS at the absolute latest on 20 January 2015. Filing after that date will result in SEVERE consequences. By the way, welcome to America!


I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.


It depends on what you mean by "spouse visa" and how long you had been married when you got the green card.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with Samuel. If you have a conditional green card, you will timely file the removal of condition application.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer