Skip to main content

I came here on k1 visa but filed aos under vawa as I married an abusive US citizen.I did get a green card and now I just passed

Willingboro, NJ |

my interview an test for naturalization. But the case isn't approved and it is under file review. Is there a any particular reason for this extra step?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


They may be looking deeper into your case. Did you have a lawyer?

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:


Is there anything for you to be concerned about? Ask yourself. If not, then let them review it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Only USCIS would know.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


There are many possible reasons including if you requested to change your name, to verify information in your application, and to investigate your case further. Without more information, it's impossible to say. You would know if there's something in your history that they could be investigating. You should not write about it in this forum, but you may want to consult with a lawyer before getting an answer from USCIS to determine what the problem may be and if there's something that can be done about it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer