Skip to main content

I brought my husband here to the U.S.A in 2010, who is very abusive and violent to us, two years after he left the kids and I.

Chicago, IL |

saying that he got the green card he married me for and that he never married me for love, that he used me as a ladder to climb over to the U.S.A
Since he left the kids and I for another woman.
he has been threatening to kill me and the children, he was indicated by the DCFS for abusing the kids. I have order of protection against him, and he has continued violating the order. what should I do? can he be deported back to the country he came from? I have series of police documentation, we are on the process of getting divorced. I fear for my life and the life of my children for what he might do next.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Discuss an Order of Protection with your divorce lawyer.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.


If you're going through a divorce, you should be consulting in private with an attorney, who could help you with these issues. If you have a restraining order against your husband and he's violated it, you should call the police.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online: