Skip to main content

I broke my back in a fall at az casino on stair which are noticably sloped have 25.000 in er bills what to do?

Phoenix, AZ |

i fell walking down a flight of stairs at casino hotel my Friend called an ambulance to our room. Risk management showed up at room and took incident report and ambulance took me too hospital. I broke my tailbone and had other minor injuries i can see that the steps have settled and are sloped. I inncurred 25,000 in er bills and have no insurance . how do i approach casino management to pay the bills

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Consult with personal injury counsel without delay, as there are time limits for presentation of a claim. Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function to locate such an attorney.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.


You would be best served by speaking with a personal injury attorney to discuss your case. There are time limits, especially when you are dealing with casino's, some of the statute of limitations in Tribal Court are as little as 3-6 months after the injury to file suit.

If you are certain you are not retaining an attorney, contact the casino manager on duty at the time of your fall and ask that the manager put you in contact with the casino's risk management office or insurance company because you are making a claim for a slip and fall incident. I would strongly recommend that you speak with a personal injury attorney. Good luck.

This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney licensed in your jurisdiction can answer questions specific to your specific fact situation and provide you appropriate advice as necessary based on the specific facts of your matter and the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you are in Arizona and interested in discussing your matter further I can be reached at: (480) 838-9000 Campbell Law PC 1839 S. Alma School Road, Suite 275 Mesa, Arizona 85210


Hopefully you wouldn't do your own surgery on your tailbone, but would rather hire a surgeon. I suggest you hire an attorney to represent you on your legal claim, as these types of casino claims are difficult to prove.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.


I agree with C Campbell that you need to be concerned about the Tribal Court's statute of limitations as they can vary from Tribe to Tribe. Additionally, you should look for an attorney who is admitted to practice in front of the particular Tribal Court where your injury occurred. Some Tribal Courts will not allow an attorney to file a lawsuit until after they are admitted to practice in front of that particular Tribal Court. Additionally, Tribal Laws and Rules of Court can vary depending on the Tribe, so having an attorney that practices in front of your particular Tribal Court can be very beneficial.

Answers to any questions do not form an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, answers are general in nature and should not be taken as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer