Skip to main content

I bring home $1200.00 a month and I pay $500.00/mo. My wife has been out of work for 2 yrs. Can I get my alimony reduced?

Prineville, OR |

I make gross $2000.00 a month and bring home around $1200.00. I was married 22 years and since then remarried. My wife has been out of work for 2 years. The Decree states I have to pay my ex $500.00 a month. She is on disability, she had cancer years ago and other issues that are resolved. Can I get my alimony reduced?

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Alimony
Attorney answers 1


It would be well worth your time & a consultation fee to take your divorce judgment to a divorce attorney, along with your last 3 years of tax returns and recent paystubs, to have him/her advise you of the likelihood that you could get the alimony reduced. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.