I bought a dog to guard my house and he bites my wrist and brock it. Is there basis to sue the person who sold me the dog?

Possibly. Depends upon what the seller knew about the dog and it propensity to bite/attack. If the dog had done this before and seller didnt disclose to you, you may be able to sue. Contact an injury lawyer in your area to discuss.

Not likely. And if you have a jury, I wouldn't want to be there because they are more an more anti plaintiff and this case does not cry for sympathy. I would let it go (the lawsuit, not the dog).

Nothing stated throughout any post, blog (or related comments of any type) made by Mattthew Krupnick or his firm, KRUPNICK & KRUPNICK, APLC, or new firm, KRUPNICK & FIGARI, TRIAL ATTORNEYS, APLC, is meant to be in any way construed or to be deemed to be legal advice for any person or any purpose. Also, NO attorney-client relationship or communications use made through this site, unless made in private with the understanding that the attorney-client privilege would apply. The responses, comments, questions raised, or issues addressed herein are all being provided SOLELY for informational purposes and should under no circumstance be relied upon as or viewed as giving legal advice or counseling of any sort Should such a relationship be desired, client would have to contact attorney to discuss that and other issues in person, by phone, or at least in private. This cannot be relied upon without consulting with a knowledgeable attorney in your area and/or practicing in the field for which your question relates. We hope the information is helpful, but no attorney-client or other relationship is formed by the providing or reading of this information. Should there be ANY confusion about this important disclaimer, please addresss it BEFORE allowing attorney to respond to your question and before any follow-up questions, calls, or emails to said attorney.. Otherwise, it will be deemed to have been understood by all parties participating on this site.

Anyone can sue anyone else for just about any reason... the better the reason or basis for a suit, the better chances of winning... lawyers sometimes use BLS reasoning when evaluating a case... that means Before Law School law... or as it may otherwise be known "the smell test." The above scenario can be summed up as someone buys guard dog - an animal trained to bite - with intent that dog bites intruders - an animal with a propensity to attack - and then gets bit by said dog. This would probably not pass the smell test for what makes a great case.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879 (951)520-9684 www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." (Personal Injury and/or Medical Malpractice) ** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

I think it would be best to not even try to sue. There is not really a lawsuit here. You purchased the dog and took it home. That made you the owner of the dog. You are liable for what he does.
Sorry
Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

No

Tim

As the dog owner, you would be liable for the dog biting someone. I'm not aware of any remedy against the seller of the dog for the dog biting the new owner.

Marc Lazarus
www.russellandlazarus.com

No. Buy an alarm system instead of a vicious dog.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

No, No, and Umm, No!