Skip to main content

I borrowed a truck from a friend who owes me money, If I keep his truck until he pays me back can I be charged with a crime,

Hudson, FL |

the money has been owed me for over 6 months

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. You could be charged with theft or with conversion. Depending upon how much money your "friend" owes you, you should consider suing to collect the debt. You should consult with an attorney before taking any further action and, do return the truck.

This is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney or advocate with a background in creditors' rights.


Yes, you could be charged with theft of property

You have civil options at your discretion to obtain the money.


This kind of self-help rarely turns out well. It is a much better idea to pursue this matter through all available civil remedies.