Skip to main content

I blew a violation on my interlock device, and had no alcohol in my system, what happens now legally?

Woodbridge, VA |

I blew a violation on my interlock device even though I had no alcohol in my system, I re-blew as soon as the machine reset and passed. I contacted the company that installed the machine and told them what happened and was told I should be fine. The same day my case manager who is also the VASAP Director called and would not listen to anything I tried to say. He told me I was outside my 15 minute window and that I will have to keep the Interlock in my car for another 6 months and if I have another violation in that time I could go to jail. This is a new device and not the one that was originally installed. What are my rights under the law?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You have a right to fight this in court. You should have a case hearing date set for the "violation" and the VASAP officer should have informed you about the date of your case, if he wanted to extend the interlock 6 months.

I have routinely gone in front of Judges for similar occurances and been successful for my clients. You should hire a qualified attorney to represent you at this hearing.

Our office can be reached at 703-348-9808.

*Note: your results may vary from prior client case results.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer