I believe my husband married me for his green card. I want a divorce now and can't find him. How long will divorce take now?

San Antonio, TX |

We were married in his country of Tunisia in Aug 2007 and it was all legal. It took us 1 1/2 years to get him here after we married, through all the visa process. I am American. I had to file our marriage also with the court house here just so they would give me my drivers license with my new name. I moved to Texas in July 2008 and he arrived here in Feb 2009. He got his green card in Dec 2009. He has left now and I do not know where he is. He may still work at the same job but I have not inquired. I am to the point I no longer care. I just want divorced. Our life together was full of conflict and arguments. How long will a divorce take since I do not know where he is? If he still may be at the same job and I can find him how long will it take? We have no property or children.

Filed under: Divorce Government law

You should consult with a local divorce lawyer. He'll be able to hire a process server to locate and serve your husband and guide you through the process.

Give us a call (210) 979-9777 we can help you.