Skip to main content

I applied on Sept. 13 2012 For I-821D. I received the biometrics on October.

Bakersfield, CA |

I been in Initial Review ever since. Is there way to speed up the process? I have had friends that only take 2-3 months and I have been waiting almost 8 months.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


The time it takes to adjudicate depends on where you filed. There is no way to expedite. However you can make an infopass appointment to check on the status


Given that USCIS is just beginning processing of applications filed August 31, 2012, yours is well within normal processing times.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues that your application is within normal processing time. If you are getting impatient, you can make an appoint with info pass and check the status of your application.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012


The DACA processing times have been a nightmare. Almost all cases filed in August went in and out quickly because they were first. Even all my September cases were approved within 1-2 months. Then the system breaks down. When the system got overwhelmed with over 100,000 DACAs ( far more now ), the cases were sent to other regional centers for processing support. Now they are distributed for processing all across US, out of order and delayed. But seems like no rhyme or reason. So yes, frustrating. No way to expedite. Slow down could be individual background checks. Those with criminal/law enforcement records will take longer. After 6 months you can call the 1-800 number, but no immediate results there. Be patient.


There is no way to expedite as my colleagues have said. I have some cases that were adjudicated quickly while some are still waiting.