I applied for a work permit the I-765 and I received a requested information letter from the USCIS asking for I-485.

Dallas, TX |

Best Answer

To secure a work permit, you need to have an enabling status or application in process. It appears USCIS wants the I-485 receipt based on the box checked in the I-765 application

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

You need to verify the basis for your I-765 application. You presumably indicates on the form that you applied based on pending I-485.

Will have to read your RFE to answer. Maybe you are not eligible to receive one yet.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

You need to respond to the request.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.