Skip to main content

I am willing to hire a lawyer for post conviction relief because my citizenship application was denied and my public defender

Seattle, WA |

said I should not have any problem being a U.S citizen. The case took place in 2000, in the Seattle/Kent. I live in the Spokane area now. I was not given any advice about immigration implications, I had an interpreter at the time. Please contact me and I will explain in detail. I had a lawyer when filing the n 336 (now I know it was pointless) and she said they are wrong and I have two options: to hire criminal lawyer for post conviction relief or take it to federal court...I have 120 days to do so.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A criminal lawyer to "collaterally" attack your conviction is what you need. You do, however, need to do the legwork yourself and interview a few lawyers in your area to see which one you will be most comfortable working with. You will most most likely need to find a highly experienced than reputable lawyer in Seattle. Begin by dialing your state bar association and requesting a referral to a state board-certified lawyer in criminal law who specializes in post-conviction relief. You may also want to use the "find a lawyer "button here on Avvo, at the top or bottom of this page.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You are required to show good moral character for five years. If they are denying natz based on a 14 year old conviction, it definitely needs to be looked at. Please contact me directly. I can review it with you and recommend the best attorney for the specific issue. I know my colleagues here in seattle very well, and you need to get the best one for your issue.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Good decision. Use the Find a Lawyer feature above.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer