Skip to main content

I am wanting to divorce my illegal husband whom I have a 2 yr old daughter with. How much would a lawyer be?

Hoschton, GA |

I have a daughter who was born with a tumor which was remove at birth she needs regular check ups for blood work and all to make sure levels are OK and tumor isn't returning . I have asked him several times for his address he refuses to give me it and he recently moved and still wont tell me his address . . I know where he works ( illegally ) he doesn't have a ssn and he has used 2 other people names . I have committed adultery about 2 - 3 months before we actually split . I have had people tell me since he works and I don't he could get our child and since i committed adultery he could get her as well . I have also been told he couldn't get her due to his status that there wouldn't be as high of a chance of him getting her because he could flee with her

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to sit down with a lawyer ASAP. There is no prohibition on an illegal alien receiving custody or visitation in Georgia, but a judge may certainly consider the implications of that status, as well as other factors in custody. Adultery does not normally determine custody unless it had an effect on the child.

But let me stress that your post here on the internet is public and he can read it and so can his lawyer, and it was very unwise to admit to adultery in a public posting. At this point, you need to stay quiet online, and see a lawyer ASAP to protect your rights and represent you properly.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman


I did not answer your fee question as that is unanswerable without far more infomation.