Skip to main content

I am victimised and in Removal Proceeding

Santa Clara, CA |

I am a victim of a sham university that was shut down last year and hence I was kept on removal proceedings as I was found to be working without a permit. But as per my knowledge I was working in Walmart legally as they did a check on me before the hiring process. Currently I am assisting the Federals with the case against the University and therefore the proceeding has been temporarily withheld. I would like to know if there is any way I could get a reinstatement. I do not know if it counts for blackmail but I was forced to take admission in the aforementioned University as the Head threatened to terminate my sevis (which would have put me out of status) if not enrolled with them. Though I wanted to transfer to another university after finding out that it was not a good one, I could not.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Consult with a lawyer in your area to help you assess your eligibility for a U visa (victim of certain crime and willing to assist law enforcement).

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


It sounds like you will have to eventually return home. Sorry.


I agree with attorney Madrid-Crost

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer