Skip to main content

I am undocumented student in US, may i apply for legal status if CIR is passed ?

Santa Ana, CA |

I have lived and studied here when i was 11 ( May2009)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

It's really hard to know at this point, until they actually pass the law or at come up with a more detailed plan. The senators introducing this law have said that they want it to have a solution for people who came here as children, but until we actually have the law, it is impossible to say.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


Need more information on the particulars of your case. Do consult with an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

J Thomas Smith


See links below:

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.