Skip to main content

I am trying to get a divorce but the county of Bucks will not be able to assist me. Not even legal aid.

Morrisville, PA |

My income is entirely too low to even get a discounted attorney and I can not get a pro bono attorney so I have been given no other choice put to proceed pro se. Since I've filed the complaint what are the step that I need to take, the forms I need to send to the court, in order to proceed with the divorce case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Have you tried contacting your local bar association? Also, contact the courthouse to see if there is a self-help center that can assist you. Here is the link: . If you and your spouse are able to negotiate you may be able to use the court's settlement program: . Here is a guide to divorcing in Bucks County to help you get started: . Best of luck.


In addition, you can go to the Bucks County Law Library, which is on the first floor of the Court House. There you'll find rules books which will provide some insight into the divorce process. They will also have forms in them for you to use for guidance. I understand that the Bucks County Bar Association does have programs for people to apply for low cost or even pro bono attorneys so be sure to contact the Bar Association.

Disclaimer: Please note that this response does not in any way an attorney-client relationship between Kathryn L. Hilbush and the recipient. My responses are general in nature. They do not constitute legal advice. You are advised to consult an attorney regarding this and any other legal matters.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer