Skip to main content

I am trying to find out how I can start the proses of bring my Philippine life partner here to the usa to married

Avon, MN |

I am 45 year old gay man I been with my partner who 20 years old for 2 years I been to the philippines 4 time in those years the big ? is how I get him here and I do have felony on my record from 1988 will hurt our chances for him going here to be my husband please contract me at

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you are worried about your felony, I would suggest looking into an expungement. Because it is very old, you may have a decent chance of sealing records of that offense, which would do a lot to improve your chances of bringing your partner here.

You can contact a criminal defense attorney to discuss your options there.


Please see my answer to your duplicate question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


First, don't put your personal information (e-mail) on an internet blog.

Second, meet with an attorney ... if you can document that this is a serious relationship, a 25 year age difference shouldn't stop the process.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Find a good immigration attorney in your area and have a consultation.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.