Skip to main content

I am to marry an illegal alien and will like to know how I can help my fiance to get his green card. I am a us citizen.

Milwaukee, WI |

fiance has been in the US since 2004, working, filing taxes with a clean criminal record, no violations whatsoever. Even owns a property and had his own business at some point.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This looks like a repeat question. Talk to an attorney, he may be required to leave the US before he can become legal.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law
We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide. -- -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.


You can try to help him and the degree to which you are successful will depend on a variety of facts which you would need to discuss with an immigration attorney. Depending on how he entered the US, he may be able to stay and adjust status without leaving, or he may have to go through consular processing, which would require him to leave the US and perhaps be subject to a bar on reentry due to his unauthorized stay in the US.

Don't rely on your reading of these posts to make your decisions. Talk to counsel.

Disclaimer: Contact me at (314) 645-7900 or at to discuss the above answer in more detail if you wish. But if you want legal advice, you will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on the above answer or any other answers on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Therefore, I provide the information in this web site for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship with me. Further communication with our attorneys through AVVO, our website at, and/or e-mail may not be considered as confidential or privileged.


Ia gree with the other.. if he entered country illegally, it will be VERY difficult, if not impossible for more immigration info

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Depending on the specifics of your case, it may be easier for you to apply for him AFTER you get married. However, before you take a step such as that, be sure to speak to an immigration lawyer to make sure that there are no potential problems that can arise in the situation, and that he is eligible. Also, some of the answers will depend on what you choose is the best way to go about it. There are likely many possible options, but you will need to discuss them with an immigration attorney first.

Dhenu Savla
SwagatUSA, LLC
30 minute free phone consultations