Skip to main content

I am the respondent in a parenting time change request and didn't get my response filed in court in the 30day requirement help ?

Gresham, OR |

I am 3 days late from getting my response into the courts as the respondent and the petitioner filed for a motion of default today, what are my next steps to take ???

+ Read More

Filed under: Filing a lawsuit
Attorney answers 1


This issue was also addressed in this thread:

It may be possible to overturn a default if you can demonstrate good cause for the failure to reply in time. I'm afraid it is impossible to provide adequate step-by-step instructions in a limited forum like this; that's not what this site is for. No one can say any magic words here that will instantly solve your problems. You're going to have to be proactive, consult with an attorney (or a few, to get a better deal) in private, and take action.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer