Skip to main content

I'am the personnel representative of a estate. We do not have a Attorney right now.

Anacortes, WA |

Until we find a Attorney how can we stop or delay the other side from the discovery they are asking us for and only giving us 7 to 9 days to respond in person at there office. We just received these letters in the mail today with the very short notice.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need an attorney, you know. Richard Wills has an excellent website at WashingtonProbateLitigation, and you could certainly call him. In WA, discovery demands are subject to CR45 and CR26. You have to be allowed 30 days to answer the questions, but unless you go to court and get a protective order, you are going to have to answer them.

The fact that they came in the mail doesn't obviate your obligation to respond. If the response is demanded on some shortened timeline, that is incorrect. You have 30 days to respond. But if you fail to respond, you waive the right to object.

In short? Please. Get a lawyer! Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.


Use the Find a Lawyer feature on the website to locate a probate attorney in your area. It sounds like you need representation as of yesterday.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.


I would also strongly urge you to hire an attorney. This does not sound like it will be an easy estate to administer and an attorney would not only be a great source of help for you, but would also be able to deflect some of the stress in your life that this is causing. When you hire an attorney, all such discovery demands go to your attorney rather than directly to you.

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit