Skip to main content

I am switching medical clinics and I was wondering if I can pick my records up in person. I don't want them to fax my records

Victoria, TX |

because of privacy issues. I have a problem with an office worker and don't want her to know where I am going. Please help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Yes you can. They belong to you. Call ahead so they can get them copied then go get them.

All information provided here is for educational use only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish any attorney-client relationship. Paul H. Cannon is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Laws vary from State-to-State. For legal advice and opinions, please retain the services of a lawyer licensed to practice in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.


I am not licensed to practice in Texas, but I can't see that being a problem. Just make clear when you request them that you would prefer to pick them up rather than having them sent. I hope this helps. Good luck. Take care.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.


I would think so. Contact the medical office and let them know that you want a copy of the records. They will have you sign a HIPPA form.


You should be able to.


You have a right to a complete copy of your medical file. You can pick it up in person.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer