Skip to main content

I am seeking legal advice for harassment and bullying in the workplace.

Manassas, VA |

multiple people at my job have been harassing me and bullying me for well over a year. I have have had those same people complain that I am the aggressor, and I have been written up twice for it. I have contacted my HR dept several times over the past 4 weeks and asked for official investigation into the matter. No one from HR has contacted me since the first contact I have had with them. I have also been forced into signing documents that I do not agree, I did in fear of losing my job. I have multiple emails that have been sent to stores about me in a demeaning manner that I have save to plead my case, but nothing from HR has come about....please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You do not provide enough information for an assessment of whether this is harassment or bullying. You should get a consultation with a local plaintiff employment lawyer--aside from this site, your local bar association is a good referral source, Many plaintiff employment lawyers give free consultations (ask beforehand) so you have nothing to lose for an assessment of your case. Many also take the case on contingency if they decide to represent you.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.


Should consult with an attorney ASAP to discover what if any avenues of recourse you have. You may want to search for an attorney, using one of the links provided below.

This is meant as general legal information and is not to be construed as legal advice in an attorney client relationship.


You did not provide any details about the nature of the harassment. Some conduct in the workplace is unlawful and some is not. Consult with a local employment attorney about the harassment and bullying to see if you have any claims. Because you say the conduct has been going on for a year, do not delay in seeking legal advice. Good luck.