Skip to main content

I am renting a house from an elderly woman with a 4 year lease. Her new attorney just left a 30 day eviction notice on my front

Sunland, CA |
Attorney answers 3


Do you have a written lease for four years? Do you have a copy? Are you current on your rent? If so, I would respond to the attorney and tell him that there is a mistake. Best of luck to you.

Free consultation. Direct line- 855-637-0938 .24/7. Video/Phone/In-Person. I provide my clients with honest, thoughtful advice and diligent, vigorous representation in a number of practice areas. I serve Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and San Diego Counties. I wouldn't take any of my answers on as legal advice since there are still too many factors that need to be discussed before I can give you a reliable opinion.


You should consider sending the attorney an executed copy of your written four (4) year lease and explain that you intend to remain until the lease expires.


If you have a written lease, are current in the rent and not in breach of any other lease covenant, it appears the 30 notice to vacate is improper. I agree with my fellow lawyers, send a copy of the lease by certified mail to the attorney for the landlady and request the reason why you received the 30 day notice. Many landlord/tenant attorneys will give you a free consultation. Seek one out on the AVVO tab if your certified mail letter does not clear this up.