I am on unsupervised probation for a DUI and i recently just got pulled over without a license what is going to happen?

Fort Collins, CO |

If you were charged with driving under restraint, you face a minimum of 30 days in jail or in home detention. In Larimer county, in-home is very rare, so expect jail. You also face a potential revocation of your probation and up to a year of jail on the revo for your DUI. It is also a habitual traffic offense. 3 such offenses in 7 years suspends your license for 5 years.

You should contact a DUI/traffic attorney to help minimize your exposure.

Most of us offer free consultations. Contact one or more and find someone you like or can afford. If you can't afford anyone, apply for a public defender. You shouldn't do this alone.

Best of luck.

Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, L.L.P. 720-644-6413. The information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation, please contact us at 720-644-6413.

Does it matter if i was eligible to get my license back before i got pulled over? on the ticket i was charged for D.U.R.

The cop that pulled me over said that i would not be going to jail...

Nicholas Lubchenco

Nicholas Lubchenco

As Mr. Orr says, go get your license right now. It is your best hope for minimizing the damage. Cops believe they know more about the law than they actually do.

Go get your license reinstated ASAP. The only hope you have of avoiding jail is by getting your license back and hoping the DA is willing to cut you a break.

You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you since you have the DUR-alc charge and a potential probation revocation.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

My colleagues are correct. You will not get electric home monitoring in Fort Collins and don't believe what the police officer told you about not going to jail. Contact a defense attorney for a free consultation at a minimum.

The Leier Law Office, LLC
Kent J. Leier

The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation. The answer above does not form an attorney client relationship and does not substitute for advice that can be obtained during an in depth initial consultation.