Skip to main content

I am on social security and have a representative payee. Should I be approved for a loan with no verifiable income?

Nixa, MO |

I have taken out a quick loan and this company, knowing I had a representative payee still approved the loan. I am having problems repaying this debt. Since I have no real verifiable income am I still responsible for repayment of this loan or are they out of luck if they try to sue me?

+ Read More

Filed under: Credit Social security
Attorney answers 3


You are almost certainly "collection-proof," but that won't stop "quick loan" company from harassing you with telephone payment demands and suing. You have a rep. payee because someone involved with your disability claim suspected that you could not be trusted to make financial decisions in your own best interests.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.


While you won't be able to be sued for the loan you are still responsible and it can effect your credit. Rather than just blowing off the loan and informing collection callers to not call again you may wish to contact the company that gave you the loan and work out a more equitable payment arrangement.


I agree with my colleagues' opinions. Being collection proof is not the same as getting out of the loan. If yoiu have any other assets, they will look for and likely find it. Depending on the amount, you may want to talk to a bankruptcy lawyer about your options.

Good luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer