Skip to main content

I am on sis and got into a car accident and it was not my fault . The other driver was at fault and I have used my pip to cover

Marysville, WA |

I have not used my sis or Dshubba to cover and now I am looking to settle . Will I loose my sis due to this in the state of Washington .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It is hard to understand your facts. It would seem that using PIP was he right thing to do, but, again, it is hard to follow your question.


The question is unclear, but appears correct.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Cannot follow some of your facts but you appear on the right track.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Are you talking about some specialized Washington State program that goes by the initials "SIS" or you talking about the Federal supplemental security income program (SSI)? If you are really talking about SSI, it is usually income and asset sensitive.

You should speak with your lawyer about how the receipt of a settlement may affect your eligibility. Larger settlements can be protected through the use of a Special Needs Trust. Speak with your lawyer.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer