Skip to main content

I am on probation finished my first year it was for my first and last dui will this affect my application for adjustment of stat

Kansas City, MO |

I am currently on probation finished my first year of it. I got it because of my first and last DUI and I have maintained a good relation with my probation officer. I am concerned that my application wont go through. I am on an F1 visa and iam still in status i have gone outside of the country and been back once with no problems so far.
Me and my girlfriend are planning on getting married soon. Please advise on what I should do and how much would an immigration attorney cost with my kind of situation,

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

It is not appropriate to quote fees here. It would serve you best to have a comprehensive consultation with an immigration lawyer. Make sure to bring a certified disposition of your case. You can obtain this from the courthouse.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


You should speak with an immigration attorney for answers to your questions. If you want to find one in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.


Yes. Hire an immigration attorney. A good one.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues.You should hire an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Please consult with an immigration attorney for quality, personalized advice.


I recommend that you and you fiancé speak to a qualified immigration attorney before you file any applications with immigration. There are many good immigration attorneys in Kansas City. You can search for immigration attorneys at Good luck!

My response to your question is for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.