Skip to main content

I am on L2 Visa. Will I be able to sell stock photographs to sites like Shutterstock, iStockPhoto etc

Cincinnati, OH |

I am trying to understand that apart from getting my social, do I need to apply for EAD for selling my photographs ? I am mostly going to accept payment through Paypal account which is attached to my bank account.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You can work but apply for an EAD.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.


Yes, you can work in the US. However, you must apply for and receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) before you start making money by selling photographs online. The SSN itself is not enough.


As the spouse of an L-1 (most likely "B") visa holder you are entitled to file for employment authorization (on Form I-765). Do so, obtain a work permit, then you can lawfully work or "conduct business" of the kind you are contemplating here. To engage in those activities without a work permit will be a violation of your visa status and could render you deportable and ruin your entire immigration future in the US. Am side that's not what you have in mind.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


As an L-2 you need to have an EAD to work in the US.


If it’s not a business, or your “work”, then that’s fine.