Skip to main content

I am on L1 B valid until march 2015 .what should i do next..

Saint Louis, MO |

should i convert to H1b or try my luck by going for L1b extention for 2 more years (or) apply for green card through my company? or suggest me any better option. how advance should i be proactive for my successful stay in US. Please guide me sir.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is really difficult for us strangers to answer these questions.

I suggest that you start by meeting with the immigration lawyer that processed your employer's L-1B visa.

Don't waste your time talking to a manager, nor a person in HR ... go directly to the lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


The next and best thing to do is to consult with an immigration Attorney. You can go over your options and goals and establish a good plan.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer