Skip to main content

I am on H4 visa, i want to apply for EAD,will my visa status will change & can i go out of country & come back with EAD?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I am on dependent visa H4 and my husband is on H1B he will complete 3 yrs in oct and we are applying for extension.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


On an H4 you are not eligible for employment authorization


H-4s are not eligible for an EAD.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


H-4 dependents are not eligible for an EAD. If you apply for one, it will be denied.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer