Skip to main content

I am on child support orders...

Jamaica, NY |

I there please help me out i am child support orders in mass paying 600 a month to my child ... Now i moved to newyork city and i m going to drive a cab for part time do i need to tell d.o.r in mass that i m driving taxi in new york and how they are going to collect the money if i drive taxi full time , and if i drive taxi is der my child will raise???? Or it will stay same thank you and please help me....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you have a child support order in Ma, you may tell the DOR where your new employement is and they will continue on with the enforcement, however if you are making less money you should file a complaint for modification and see if you can reduce the amount, there have been some recent changes to the MA laws regarding this issue that may help you, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.



Thank you so much but the my main was question how they are going to take money if i drive taxi... In newyork


Make sure you remain tight with Mass. The age out in Mass is 18 unless the child sits at home - then it's 21. Here, it's 21 no matter what happens. You don't want mom to come here file something here. That will transfer her case here.

Also remain accurate. You don't want an imputation to hit you. Drivers are especially vulnerable to imputation. The illusion is that you earn zillions in "tips". Be careful.

Good luck.


You are most likely required to tell Mass about any job and address change. As to whether your change will result in a modification to your child support, you should consult a Mass attorney conversant with the factors that state considers in determining if you get a reduction or not by taking a lesser paying job and for what reason.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer