Skip to main content

I am on a J 1 manager visa and wish to change companies my visa is till January if it is possible what is required ?

Washington, DC |

my employer will comply if there is a possibility.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A consultation with an immigration attorney directly and not on the blog.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Did you go through an umbrella agency to get/obtain the J-1 Manager visa or did the current company sponsor you? How long have you been on the manager visa?



I did go trough a agency but also am being sponsored i think in the company I an in on a management training program but am not getting out of it what i should. it is a 18 month visa and i have been here for 9 months.


Do consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for guidance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.