Skip to main content

I am not released from doctors care at this time, employer wants me to ignore doctors orders, new management company for employ

Valley Springs, CA |

I was injured in an explosion at a power plant and 2as mediflighted with burns to both hands and back of head. In the explosion I was thrown and injured my back as well.
I am on workers comp and under the care of a wc physian with orders of no kneeling crouching crawling or lifting more than 5lbs. My company has since let our old management company go and hired a new one. This new company says that I have to complete a physical including lifting 50 lbs (which doc says at this time I cannot do) if I do not complete this physical by the 20th this month they said it will be my job , in other words. Wont have one.
What do I do?,
This seems wrong for them to be able to do this...... please advise me on ehat to do,
I am baffled.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Please see the answers already posted to this question you asked earlier.


Same answer. If you are unable to perform the essential functions of the job due to your restrictions they don't have to hire you in most states.


A "Fitness for Duty" examination is almost uniformly allowed, so the Employer can determine if you are physically/mentally able to perform the work.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.


Unfortunately, they do not have to take you back, but they should continue to pay you benefits

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer