Skip to main content

I am moving on the first but i have an arraignment date on the 11th. is it possible to get my court date moved?

Lynn, MA |

I am a 23 year old male. The arraignment is for an a/b but the other kid tackled me first, i only hit him once in self defence. He was the drunkest kid at the party, he doesnt even remember what room it happened in. I'm just trying to find out if i can move my court date because i am moving 2 weeks before.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Do you have an attorney? If so, have your attorney contact the District Attorney's office and the clerk's office at the court that will be hearing this case. Your attorney can ask that the arraignment be postponed, although there are no guarantees that he/she will be successful in this request. If you do not have an attorney, you should consult with an attorney and work with that attorney to see what options may be available: if moving the case is not an option, perhaps a resolution to the case can be discussed so that your time in the courts is as efficient and quick as possible.

Attorney Dylan Hayre's law practice, A Lawyer for Soldiers, focuses on representing veterans and military families in family, civil, and criminal litigation. Attorney Hayre also represents civilian clients, and handles all matters on a flat fee basis. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, visit:

The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer. To contact Attorney Dylan Hayre, please visit:

Dylan Hayre

Dylan Hayre


My apologies - I misspoke. There will not be an assistant district attorney assigned to this case yet since it has not been arraigned. You should speak, then, just with the clerk's office to see if your arraignment can be postponed.


When you hire an attorney, she can ask that your case be brought forward, but it is not likely to be resolved at that time, and there will be more court appearances you will be required to attend.

Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in reading my response, you are interested in retaining me to represent you, please do not hesitate to contact me.


It is a possibility. You should hire a criminal defense attorney and then have them contact the clerks office. I have seen arraignments moved up before.

David Newton, Esq

This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Hire a lawyer to assist you

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


If you hire an attorney , you should have no problem changing the arraignment date. I have had clients with similar situations and we moved the arraignment to an earlier date and I have also changed arraignments to dates in the future. It is a summons arraignment, so the court should be accommodating to your attorney. Although you are moving you will still be expected to appear for future court dates until the matter is resolved.