Skip to main content

I am masters student. I got job in January . I am working on CPT. Can I apply for GC. My annual salary is 83K

Ypsilanti, MI |

I am doing MSIS at EMU. I have still 7 months of masters remaining. My employer is arrow strategies. My client is BCN. He agreed for my GC while he gave for job. I would like to skip H1 and start my GC process right now. Is that possible. How much time will it take to get my EAD. Would I be out of status

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You do not need to obtain an H-1B before applying for lawful permanent resident status. You may want to, depending on how long the adjustment of status process will take. You do not provide enough information to make that determination. Also, you should not disclose information about your employer and clients since this is a public forum.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.


You are not required to have an H1B status before applying for green card but most people take that route for a reason. Processing times vary for each category. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St. Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174